New York / New Jersey Periodontist Dr. Eric Linden's Credentials
Professional and Academic Background, Memberships
Dr. Eric Linden is a periodontist (gum disease specialist) in the field of Laser Periodontal Surgery which includes LANAP, periodontics, regeneration, and dental implants. He has been practicing his specialty since 1985. Dr. Linden is an occasional guest expert in the Oral Health, Men’s Health, and Women’s Health communities of WebMD.
Dr. Linden's Qualifications
Dr. Eric Linden was one of the first practitioners to perform the FDA-cleared LANAP protocol on the east coast of the United States. With 29 years’ experience in periodontal specialty practice, he now performs LANAP and other laser procedures every day. He has treated thousands of patients with the laser and in many cases includes traditional techniques when necessary. Also, since 1988, Dr. Linden has been placing dental implants and using an innovative conservative sinus augmentation technique that he perfected.
Unfortunately, most periodontists still treat advanced gum disease with traditional surgery, which in many cases can be better treated with LANAP or other laser techniques. Although Dr. Linden still performs traditional surgery in the minority of cases which require it, in most cases the LANAP protocol is preferable.
Many of Dr. Linden's are educated patients seeking the most advanced, innovative, and least invasive techniques available to treat gum disease. Many of his patients are direct referrals from dentists, other periodontists, and medical professionals. Dr. Linden is currently preparing clinical cases for publication.
- State University of New York at Binghamton, Harpur College. B.S. Biological Sciences
- Boston University School of Dental Medicine. D.M.D.
- University of Kentucky College of Graduate Dentistry, Postgraduate Program in Periodontics, Certificate of Specialization
- University of Kentucky Graduate School of Science, Master of Science in Dentistry
- Institute For Advanced Laser Dentistry Certification
Research and Publications
July, 2011. Letter published in the Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA) in response to an inaccurate and misleading article regarding laser periodotal therapy.
Tufts University School of Medicine Cancer Research Center. Department of Anatomy and Biochemistry. Research on Alpha-foetoprotein and Cancer Growth Factors.
- Cold Spring Harbor Research Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York. Research conducted with Dr. James Watson in biochemistry and cancer proliferation.
- Publication of research in the Journal of Periodontology entitled “A Comparison of Post Operative Pain Experience Following Periodontal Surgery Utilizing Two Local Anesthetic Agents”
- May 2013 - Columbia College of Dentistry, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, Division of Periodontics and Oral Medicine. "Periodontal Laser Surgery-Overview and Latest Innovations”
- November 2012 - Greater New York Dental Meeting. "Innovations in Laser Periodontal Therapy"
- September 2012 - Columbia University School of Dental Medicine and Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center. "Lasers in Dentistry"
- June 2012 - New York University College of Dentistry. "Advances in Laser Periodontal Surgery using a ND/YAG Laser"
- March 2012 - St. Barnabas Hospital and Medical Center. "Innovations in Laser Periodontal Surgery"
- February, 2012 - NJ Health Professions Development Institute. "Laser Periodontal Surgery - New Advances"
- February, 2012 - Staten Island University Hospital. "Laser Periodontal Surgery"
- November, 2011 - Greater New York Dental Meeting. "Laser Periodontal Surgery With The ND:YAG Laser"
- March, 2011 - Pascack Valley Study Club. "Laser Periodontal Surgery using the ND:YAG Laser"
- March, 2011 - Boston University Alumni Club of New York.
"Advances in Laser Periodontal Therapy"
- February, 2011 - New York County Dental Society. "Laser Periodontal Surgery"
- November, 2010 - Greater New York Dental Meeting. "Advances in Laser Periodontal Surgery"
- October, 2010 - Mercer County Dental Society. "Laser Periodontal Surgery"
- October, 2010 - University of Kentucky School of Dentistry. "Latest Innovations in Laser Periodontal Surgery"
- October, 2010 - Passaic County Dental Society. "Advances in Laser Periodontal Surgery"
- September, 2010 - Northeast Society of Periodontists. "Laser/LANAP Periodontal Surgery"
- June, 2010 - Ninth District Dental Society, New City, New York. "Laser Periodontal Surgery, Including LANAP, and Other Advances in Laser Gum Treatment"
- March, 2010 - Boston University Henry M. Goldman New York Dental Alumni Association. "Laser Periodontal Surgery - Case Reports and Current Trends"
- March, 2010 - Ninth District Dental Association. "LANAP (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure)"
- March, 2010 - Northern Bergen County Dental Society. "Laser Periodontal Surgery"
- December, 2009 - 85th Annual New York Dental Meeting. “Laser Periodontal Therapy”
- December, 2009 - Faculty of Dental Oncology at Memorial-Sloan Kettering Hospital, New York City. “The Need for Periodontal Treatment Prior to Bone Marrow Transplant and Chemotherapy”
- November 27th - Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009 - Greater New York Dental Meeting. "Laser Periodontal Surgery" (Keynote presentation)
- Spring, 2009 - Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine Greater New York Alumni Club. "Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure, LANAP for Periodontal Regeneration”
- Spring, 2009 - Ninth District Dental Association Continuing Education Program. “Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP)”
- 1999 - 75th Annual New York Dental Meeting. “New Innovations in Periodontal Therapy”
- 1997 - First District Dental Society of New York Symposium. "Guided Tissue Regeneration and Bone Grafting"
- 1990 - International Association of Dental Research Annual Meeting. "Periodontal Surgery and Regeneration"
- 1985 - Southern Academy of Periodontology Annual Meeting. "New Periodontal Therapies"
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology (member for 26+ years)
- New Jersey Dental Association
- Bergen County Dental Society
- American Association of Dental Research
- President-Northern Bergen County Dental Study Club
- Northeast Society of Periodontists
- Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry
- New York County Dental Society
- State of New Jersey Dental License
- State of New Jersey Periodontal Specialty License
- State of New York Dental License
- Northeast Regional Licensed
- Commonwealth of Kentucky Licensed
- Southeast Regional Licensed
- Laser Periodontal Therapy License
- State University of New York at Binghamton
- Boston University School of Dentistry And Medicine.
- University of Kentucky School of Dentistry
- St. Barnabas Hospital Residency Program
- State University of New York At Binghamton, Academic Excellence Award in Biology
- Boston University School of Dental Medicine, Wallin/Cove Award For Excellence in Periodontology
- Southern Academy of Periodontology, Billy Pennel Award for "Excellence in Published Research"
- New York Dental Society Award for Scientific Presentation In The field of Periodontics and Regeneration
Dr. Eric Thomas Linden is listed at DentistDig.com